MECHATALK (hereinafter referred to as "MECHATALK") effectively protects individual members' information, complies with all relevant laws, including the Act on Promotion of Information and Communication Network Use and Information Protection, and handles personal and customer information appropriately.
MECHATALK are effectively protecting individual members' information and 「the Act on the Promotion of the Use of Information and Communication Networks and the Protection of Information」, 「Privacy Act」, 「Protection of Communications Secrets Act」, The Telecommunications Business Act」 ect compling with the personal information protection regulations under the relevant laws and regulations to be followed by information and communication service providers, and establishes and complies with the personal information processing policy to protect personal information.
Definition of term
Personal information: 「Personal Information」 means a surviving individual and identifying a particular individual through the name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, and other technologies included in the information.
(including information that can be easily contrasted with other information and that can identify a particular individual)
In addition, personal information subject to this handling policy refers to customer information, personal information acquired on business, and personal information of executives and employees of a group company.
The Company: "The company" means each business entity and its affiliated companies with the MECHATALK Group headquarters as a holding company, including MECHATALK and Related companys.
Customer: Customer refers to individuals, corporations, organizations, businesses, etc. that use the services provided by the Company.
Member or Person: The term "member" or "self" means a specific individual identified through personal information.
Personal Information Manager: The person in charge of personal information management means the person in charge of handling personal information and shall be the chief executive officer of the HR General Affairs Team.
MECHATALK's personal information processing policy includes the following:
-Items and methods for collecting personal information
-Purpose of use of personal information collection
-Sharing and providing personal information collection
-Handling and entrusting the collection of personal information;
-Keep and period of use of personal information collection
-The method of perusal, renewal, modification, withdrawal of consent, and withdrawal of personal information;
-Procedures and methods for destruction of personal information
-Rights of users and legal representatives and methods of exercise thereof;
-Installation/operation of the Automatic personal information collection device include of denial option.
-Personal information manager and Protection Officer
-Technical/Management Measures for Personal Information Protection
- obligation of Notice
Personal Information Item and Method of Collection
MECHATALK collects information that can be identified or specified by the individual and that can be obtained from transaction information or log interpretation on the web server for the purpose of providing OUR services.
MECHATALK collects personal information as follows for membership, counseling, and service application.
Name, email, address, contact number, mobile phone number, payment method, and job can also be collected because the following information is generated during the service use process or business processing process.
Information provided to MECHATALK when using or inquiring about a customer catalog service, such as billing, customer registration, product, service and website, provided by MECHATALK's "This Site"
Information acquired/accumulated when a customer uses MECHATALK's website access, keyword search, download of drawings, estimates, orders, etc.
Service usage records, access logs,Cookies, Web beacons, connection IP information, payment records, suspension records, or other information automatically acquired and accumulated using Internet technology.
We would like to inform you that if a member provides the above personal information and customer information incorrectly due to intentional or negligence, there may be disadvantages or inconveniences.
MECHATALK collects personal information in the following ways:
Membership registration via website, written form, telephone/fax, consultation bulletin board, application for prize events, delivery request, etc.;
Provision from Affiliates
collection with creation information collection tools
Purpose of collecting and using personal information
When MECHATALK acquires personal information, it clearly defines the purpose of use of personal information and conducts it through legitimate and fair means to the extent necessary to achieve that purpose. The purpose of using personal information shall be clarified to the member himself/herself, and if a change occurs to the purpose of use, or if it is used other than the purpose of use, the prescribed procedure shall be followed.
MECHATALK utilizes the collected personal information for the following purposes:
Fee settlement based on the execution of the contract and the provision of the service;
- Product and content delivery, shipment of goods or bills, related A/S, self-certification of financial transactions and financial services, purchase and payment, collection of payments
Management of customer
Identification of identity according to the use of membership service, Personal identification, Prevent fraudulent use of bad members, Confirm intention to join,, Subscriptions and subscriptions are limited, Confirmation of consent of legal representatives when collecting personal information under 14 years of age, the legal representative identification, Retention of records for dispute settlement, Complaint handling, Give a notice
Use in marketing and advertising
- Development and specialization of new services (products), service delivery and advertisement according to demographic characteristics, frequency of access, statistics on members' use of services, surveys and events, and business registration and promotion activities
- In order to use MECHATALK for the purpose of obtaining consent and permission from members individually
- To request opinions on MECHATALK and opinions on our products or services.
Sharing and providing personal information collected
[If not provided to a third party]
MECHATALK does not provide users' personal information externally in principle. However, exceptions are made in the case below.
Where users have agreed in advance;
Where the head office and affiliated companies (overseas country) within the MECHATALK Group use it to improve the service of customers;
* MECHATALK has servers in its headquarters (overseas country) for vast amounts of automation, management of various components, and the smooth supply of industrial products, and thorough technical and management measures to protect personal information.
- Items transferred: Information such as user (person in charge) name, address, phone number, e-mail, fax number, etc.
- Country, date and time of relocation and method of relocation: Automatically store on the server of the head office when registering customers
- Personal Information Protection Officer: MECHATALK Head office [email@example.com]
- Purpose of use: service provision and membership management, marketing and advertising utilization, and other
- Retention and use period: Until member withdrawal;
(It will be destroyed or stored separately after withdrawing from the membership.
In the case of long-term hair stylists, they are destroyed or stored separately when they are not used for a year. However, if it is preserved under the relevant statutes, it will be kept separately during the mandatory period, and it will be kept separately for 30 days for the purpose of preventing and responding to illegal acts.)
Where there is a request from an investigative agency pursuant to the provisions of Acts and subordinate statutes or in accordance with the procedures and methods prescribed in Acts and subordinate statutes
[if provided to a third party]
MECHATALK may provide the customer's personal information to a third party for the purpose of providing a higher quality service to the member, in which case the following information will be notified to the customer in advance:
Information offer's purpose of use ( affiliated marketing etc.) Target of provision (affiliate), Information about provided (name, email, mobile phone number, address), Retention and period of use of provided information;
Handling and entrusting personal information collected;
[In case of non-consignment of duties]
MECHATALK does not entrust the handling of your personal information to an external company without your consent.
If such needs arise in the future, we will notify you of the consignee and the details of the entrust work and obtain prior consent if necessary.
[In case of entrust of duties]
MECHATALK entrusts/operates the handling of personal information to an external specialist company for the performance of the service as follows:
The period of personal information possession and use by external professional companies is until the withdrawal of membership or the end of the consignment contract.
- Contents of consignment: If necessary for ordering, delivery, or payment of products of the company;
- Details of consignment: Delivery service (all delivery service companies)
- Contents of consignment: Development of customer management system, operation of DBMS system, and management of fax servers
- Contents of consignment: Catalog sending and DMing
- Contents of consignment: Electronic tax invoice issue
- Contents of consignment: call center inbound/outbound consultation
- Details of entrusted work: Information on unpaid charges and consultation, collection of bonds
The retention and use period of personal information collected;
In principle, after the purpose of collecting and using personal information is achieved, the information is destroyed without delay.
However, the information provided by the customer at the time of signing up for the service can be kept from the time of signing up to the 30th after the termination is completed to prevent confusion in using the service.
In addition, for members who have not used our website for a year, 30 days prior to the expiration of the period, we will notify you of the fact that personal information is destroyed, stored/managed, and items of such personal information by e-mail, written, fax, telephone, or similar.
In addition, if it is necessary to preserve in accordance with the provisions of the relevant statutes, such as the Consumer Protection Act in e-commerce, the company shall keep the membership information for a certain period of time as prescribed by the relevant statutes. In such cases, the company uses the information stored only for the purpose of storage, and the retention period is as follows.
Personal information included in important documents concerning commercial books and business: 10 years (Commercial Act)
Personal information contained in a slip or similar document: 5 years (commercial law)
Records on withdrawal of contracts, subscriptions, etc.: five years (Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc.)
Records on the supply of payments, goods, etc.: five years (Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc.)
Records of consumer complaints or dispute handling: three years (Act on consumer protection in e-commerce, etc.)
Records on the collection, processing, use, etc. of credit information: three years (Act on the Use and Protection of Credit Information)
In addition, in cases falling under any of the following special matters other than the relevant statutes, the company may keep the membership information during the relevant period:
Individually agreed to by the client: the period of such consent;
Where the service, etc. has been terminated, but the user fee (including other transaction fees) has not been paid: Until the full payment of such fee is made;
If a dispute, such as a civil petition, lawsuit, etc. occurs between the company and the client, and the dispute is not resolved within the holding period: Until the dispute is resolved,
The method of perusal, renewal, modification, withdrawal of consent, and withdrawal of personal information;
MECHATALK will respond sincerely to requests from customers for personal information and customer information such as perusal, renewal, revision, withdrawal of consent, and withdrawal of membership.Inquiries such as perusal, renewal, amendment, withdrawal of consent, withdrawal of membership, etc. of personal information can be made via phone or email.
- Phone: (02) 1800-8985
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
MECHATALK shall take necessary measures immediately upon request for withdrawal, perusal, or modification of consent from the members, and shall not use the information until the information is corrected.
The legal rights of children under the age of 14 (the right to view, correct/delete children's personal information, and suspend personal information processing) are guaranteed, and the legal representative's minimum personal information can be collected from the child.
Procedures and methods for destruction of personal information
In principle, MECHATALK destroys the information without delay after the purpose of collecting and using personal information is achieved. However, the information provided by the customer at the time of signing up for the service can be kept from the time of signing up to the 30th after the termination is completed to prevent confusion in using the service.
The destruction procedures and methods are as follows.
- The information you enter for membership registration will be saved and destroyed for a certain period of time (refer to the retention and use period) in accordance with internal policies and other related laws after the purpose is achieved the reason of safe.
- Personal information is not used for any purpose other than those held unless it is under the law.
- Personal information printed on paper shall be shredded with a grinder or destroyed through incineration.
- Personal information stored in electronic file format is deleted using technical methods that cannot be played back.
Rights of users and legal representatives and methods of exercise thereof;
Users and legal representatives may request inquiry, correction, or cancellation of their registered personal information at any time, and may be exercised by written, telephone, or e-mail. If a customer requests correction of personal information errors, they will not use or provide personal information until the correction is completed. Also, if you have already provided wrong personal information to a third party, we will notify the third party of the result of the correction without delay so that the correction can be made. MECHATALK processes personal information that has been revoked or deleted at the request of the user or legal representative as specified in the "Hold and Use Period of Personal Information Collected by MECHATALK" and is not accessible or used for any other purpose.
Matters concerning the installation/operation of an automatic collection device for personal information and its refusal;
MECHATALK installs/operates devices that automatically collect personal information such as Cookies and Web-beacon that store and retrieve your information from time to time. A Cookie is a very small text file sent to your browser by a server that runs MECHATALK's website and is stored on your computer's hard disk. A Web-beacon is a structure that includes small images in a web page or email to inform the web server that the customer uses a computer to access the page or email. Some of our websites and e-mails that our customers read or receive are being used to investigate access situations using Web-beacons.
Purpose of use, such as cookies and web beacons
- Target marketing and personalized services are provided by analyzing the frequency of access and visiting hours of members and non-members, identifying users' tastes and interests, tracking their own traces, and identifying the degree of participation in various events and visits.
- The customer has the option of installing cookies. Therefore, customers can accept all cookies by setting options in their web browser, go through verification whenever cookies are saved, or refuse to save all cookies.
To deny cookies and web beacons settings
- You can choose the option in the web browser you use to allow all cookies, confirm each time you save them, or refuse to save all cookies.
- How to set up, e.g. for Internet Explorer: Tools at the top of your web browser>Internet Options>Privacy
However, if you refuse to install cookies, there may be difficulties in providing services.
Personal Information Management Officer and Protection Officer
In order to protect customers' personal information and handle complaints related to personal information, MECHATALK designates the person in charge of personal information management as follows and the relevant department designates the person in charge of personal information protection.
Personal Information Management Officer
Name: Choi Seung-wook
Phone number: (02) 1800-8985
Technical/Management Measures for Personal Information Protection
MECHATALK is seeking technical and administrative measures to protect customers' personal information.
Taking technical measures to ensure safety so that personal information is not lost, stolen, leaked, tampered with, or damaged in handling personal information of users;
- Protection by user's personal information and password (using cryptographic algorithms)
- Encrypt files and transfer data
- Protect sensitive data with separate security features
- Prevent damage caused by computer viruses using vaccine programs ( periodically updated)
- Prevent personal information of users from being leaked by hacking (external intrusion prevention device)
- Install intrusion detection system on each server (24 hours monitoring intrusion)
Taking management measures to ensure safety so that personal information is not lost, stolen, leaked, tampered with, or damaged in handling personal information of users;
- Restriction of access to personal information (persons who directly engage in recruitment, person who performs personal information management, and other person who inevitably handles personal information)
- Regular in-house/outside training on the protection of personal information of all employees
- Complete security vows for all employees
- Internal audit of implementation and compliance with personal information processing policies
- Clarification of responsibility for personal information handling person's transfer of duties and personal information accidents
- We are not responsible for anything that happens due to user's personal mistakes or the dangers of the basic Internet.
a noticeable obligation
MECHATALK continues to review and improve its privacy and customer information protection policies to comply with laws and regulations on privacy protection of personal information. If there is any revision, addition, deletion, or modification of this personal information processing policy, it will be notified at least 7 days before the revision through the Notice on the website. However, if there is a significant change in user rights, such as the collection and utilization of personal information, and the provision of a third party, it will be notified at least 30 days in advance.
Announcement date: 01 January 2021
Effective Date: 01 January 2021
View previous privacy statement